What we expect from you
You must be at least 13 years old to submit an application or play on the FrostCraft Minecraft servers.
What data we collect and why
Server logs. We keep recent Minecraft and web server logs to ensure the security of the server. These include IP addresses, targets, and access methods, but not form data sent by POST. Minecraft and web server logs are only viewable by us.
Applications. When you submit an application through our website, you agree that you are of the age of sixteen or older. If you are younger than sixteen but at least thirteen you need consent of a parent or guardian to apply. The information you provide in your application is shared with current FrostCraft members in order to determine whether you are a good match for the server. Internally, the data in your application contains your IP address, and all the information you sent in your application.
Member social media information. This is only given by accepted members who specifically ask to include their social media information on our website. This information is provided to us by members for the sole purpose of promoting their social media. This includes your online handle, Minecraft head, and any other information you provide.
You can exercise the rights below by contacting us as outlined in the “Contact Information” section below. Others are automatic. Your request will require up to 30 days to service or we will provide you with a reason why your request could not be serviced.
- Right of access. Upon request, we can provide you with access to your server application, if you have submitted one or more.
- Right to rectification. Please contact us if you wish to correct your information in any way within reason.
- Right to erasure. If you wish for us to remove all traces of your existence from the server, we will remove any applications you have sent, and your social media.
- Right to restriction of procession. If you wish to restrict your data from processing, we can remove your social media and application(s) from the server.
- Right to data portability. We can provide you your application(s) in YAML format, which is machine-readable. Note that if we have already removed your application(s), they are irretrievable.
- Right to object. If you wish to remove your data from processing, we can remove your social media and application(s) from the server.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling. We do not perform any automated decision-making on personal data.
- Legitimate Interests.
- Our collection of data concerning applications to the FrostCraft server constitutes a legitimate interest since there is an established relationship between us and applicants, where applicants can reasonably expect our processing of their data at the time and context of the data collection for the purposes shown below.
- Our collection of data concerning users of the web server and Minecraft server constitutes a legitimate interest in that personal data is processed to an extent no more than is necessary and proportional for the purposes of ensuring server security.
- In regards to both member and Build Team applications to the FrostCraft server, as well as data from Minecraft and web server logs, we process data on the basis that it furthers our legitimate interests in such a manner that does not infringe upon the interests, rights, and freedoms of the affected individuals. This includes:
- Promoting a safe, friendly environment for the players on our minecraft servers;
- Ensuring applicants meet the age requirement to play on our minecraft servers;
- Collecting information from applicants as is necessary to better organize meetings and communication among members of FrostCraft, inform applicants of their individual application status, and allow accepted applicants access to our minecraft servers;
- Collecting information from users of the website and the Minecraft server as is necessary to maintain server security.
Where we process information
Our server host is currently located in Canada. All data sent through our server, including Minecraft server logs, web server logs, and Minecraft server applications are processed through this server host.
Data Retention and Security
- Recent. We will talk about “recent”. This means within the past 30 days.
- Logs. We retain recent logs in order to maintain the security of the server and prevent abuse.
- Bans. We indefinitely maintain identifying information of banned users in order to enforce the server rules, maintain security, and prevent abuse.
- Security. We use industry standard security to keep your data secure.
Last Updated: May 25th, 2018